Kathy Schroeder, Prothonotary/Clerk of Courts
1 East Second Street, Room 23, Coudersport PA 16915
Phone (814) 274-9740; Fax (814) 274-3361
- Divorce Packet
- Divorce decrees. See below for further information.
- Civil Court cases
- Criminal Court cases
- Notice to Resume Prior Surname
- Custody Information Packet
- Relocation Packet
- Birth & death certificates: 1893-1905
- Marriage application & returns - 1883-Present (contact the office) SOON to be on Ancestry.com
- Naturalization Records
- Road Records
(PLEASE NOTE: Sealed cases are not available to the public.)
FEE SCHEDULE: Access by clicking here.
To obtain a certified copy of a divorce decree:
Please allow one (1) week for a certified decree to be processed & mailed to you prior to contacting the divorce office. Repeated telephone calls slow down the process. Thank you.
1. Send money order payable to "Prothonotary" for the total amount due (each certified copy is $5.00).
2. Send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to return the requested certified copy to you.
Include a brief note listing the divorce case number (if available),
both yours and your ex-spouse's names at the time of the divorce, and
the year the divorce was filed.
(If you have questions or are unable to provide all of the information requested, call the office at 814-274-9740)