Kathy Schroeder, Prothonotary/Clerk of Courts/Orphans Court
1 East Second Street, Room 23, Coudersport PA 16915
Phone (814) 274-9740; Fax (814) 274-3361
Potter County Local Rule RJA 40 This rule will be effective 30 days after publication.
All public records policy forms can be accessed through the PA Courts website here.
- Confidential Information Form (CIF)
- Confidential Document Form (CDF)
- Divorce Packet
- Divorce decrees. See below for further information.
- Civil Court cases
- Criminal Court cases
- Notice to Resume Prior Surname
- Custody Information Packet
- Relocation Packet
- Birth & death certificates: 1893-1905 (From 1905 forward, PLEASE contact Division of Vital Statistics, New Castle, PA at 724-656-3100)
- Marriage application & returns - 1883-Present (contact the office) SOON to be on Ancestry.com
- Naturalization Records
- Road Records
(PLEASE NOTE: Sealed cases are not available to the public.)
To obtain a certified copy of a divorce decree:
Please allow one (1) week for a certified decree to be processed & mailed to you prior to contacting the divorce office. Repeated telephone calls slow down the process. Thank you.
1. Send money order payable to "Prothonotary" for the total amount due (each certified copy is $5.00).
2. Send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to return the requested certified copy to you.
3. Include a brief note listing the divorce case number (if available), both yours and your ex-spouse's names at the time of the divorce, and the year the divorce was filed.
(If you have questions or are unable to provide all of the information requested, call the office at 814-274-9740)