Prothonotary/Clerk of Courts/Orphan's Court
COVID - 19 Emergency Administrative Court Order
FOR POTTER COUNTY, PA RESIDENTS
Beginning Monday, May 11, 2020, a marriage record application will be done online. Marriage Record Application
The bride and groom will need to download, print out and complete the marriage record application (PLEASE NOTE: The date of your most recent divorce or date of death of your former spouse is REQUIRED). Once completed, please mail the application to our office, along with a copy of the bride and groom's photo identification.
Once our office receives and completes your marriage record application, you will be contacted. (PLEASE provide a telephone number where you can be reached.) The bride and groom will be given a date and time to come in to receive their oath and original marriage license (you BOTH must appear in person). PLEASE NOTE: there is a 3-day waiting period so please provide our office with the date you wish to be married so the dates will all line up.
Thank you for your patience
Kathy S. Schroeder
Kathy Schroeder, Prothonotary/Clerk of Courts/Orphans Court
1 East Second Street, Room 23, Coudersport PA 16915
Phone (814) 274-9740; Fax (814) 274-3361
All public records policy forms can be accessed through the PA Courts website here.
- Confidential Information Form (CIF)
- Confidential Document Form (CDF)
- Divorce Packet
- Divorce decrees. See below for further information.
- Civil Court cases
- Criminal Court cases
- Notice to Resume Prior Surname
- Custody Information Packet
- Custody Relocation Packet
- Birth & death certificates: 1893-1905 (From 1905 forward, PLEASE contact Division of Vital Statistics, New Castle, PA at 724-656-3100)
- Marriage application & returns - 1883-Present (contact the office)
- Naturalization Records (visit the office to research)
- Road Records (visit the office to research)
(PLEASE NOTE: Sealed cases are not available to the public.)
To obtain a certified copy of a divorce decree:
Please allow one (1) week for a certified decree to be processed & mailed to you prior to contacting the divorce office. Repeated telephone calls slow down the process. Thank you.
1. Send money order payable to "Prothonotary" for the total amount due (each certified copy is $5.00).
2. Send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to return the requested certified copy to you.
3. Include a brief note listing the divorce case number (if available), both yours and your ex-spouse's names at the time of the divorce, and the year the divorce was filed.
(If you have questions or are unable to provide all of the information requested, call the office at 814-274-9740)
TO APPLY FOR A MARRIAGE LICENSE: